Thursday, April 16, 2009

Scenes from the Beach

I went to the beach today. Well, two separate beaches, to be honest. I came across a wide variety of images to shoot. Here are a few, and there will be about 3 more posts after this to wrap up my day.

As I was fairly far down the beach, I looked up and saw this view. A tree and a fence, and lots of old, dry grass. I think that it would have been great for my Rustic post this past week. Ah well, it's only 2 days too late!


This is becoming a typical beach photo for me, but I really liked how this one came out. The rocks in the foreground appear very striking to me.


For the past several months, whenever I make it to the beach, the horizon line is misty or cloudy. I adore the days when I can look across the Bay and see the mountains far away. This is Mt. Augustine. Augustine erupted 3 years ago in January of 2006. It is an island across Cook Inlet.


After the first beach jaunt, I came home for a little bit. I went outside and took photos some more, and saw this moth fluttering around. When it came to rest on this tire, I turned on my macro mode and started shooting away.


This girl was sitting on a rock, looking up at the sky. I thought it was intriguing.


At the second beach of the day, there were two kites being flown. This blue one was a great color, but I also loved the birds flying around it.

1 comment:

  1. Photo 2, 3 and 5 are my favorites. These will be beautiful post cards, where number 3 is breath taking and number 2 is a cool angle with your frame entirely filled and seeing lots of rocks to start with (if you get what I am saying.) Well done!

    ReplyDelete