Friday, April 24, 2009

My New Photo Gallery

I started a new project on Tuesday night. It originally started as wanting some webspace to back up my photos on. Then I wanted to play with web design again and wanted webspace to make a site AND have space for storage. C wouldn't go for it, though.

I started searching for free sites, instead of inexpensive ones. I found several that had significant amounts of space. I settled on one that is decent, with 20GB of free space. After I signed up, I started playing with HTML again and designed a simple gallery for myself. I originally wanted to put each of my blogs and a gallery up, but I decided that would be too much work. I found a really nice gallery program to use - SimpleViewer, and I started using it in Picasa to make simple albums. So, here I am, with another big thing in a week!

Feel free to check out my new gallery. I'll be updating it every time I take some worthy photos! Thanks for looking in advance!

4 comments:

  1. Girl, you take the most AMAZING pictures!!!!!! What do you mean you are not sure if you want to go professional? Of course your surroundings helps but that is not the only reason why you take great pictures. I love your compositions and your creative eye and spirit. I am interested in maybe buying one of your eagles picture. Let's be in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I love your new gallery! Especially the header - it is beautiful. Also, if you don't mind me asking, what site are you using that gives you 20GB of free storage? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully you get this Anna! It's called 1stfreehosting.com. It's not perfect, but there aren't any ads and it is 20GB of storage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am wondering, what camera/lens do you have and what setting do you mostly use when taking pictures??

    ReplyDelete