Friday, April 17, 2009

Blogging Connections

I'm not even sure now where I came across this blog. But I have been following this family for months, and I was there when they announced they were expecting. If I recall correctly, it was quite an ordeal to get to the point (I could be wrong). I have followed them on this journey these past 9 months, though I don't know them at all. Today, Ava was born. Reading her post from today, I had tears in my eyes, at their excitement, at their love and happiness over their daughter.

When Missy gave birth to Pip, I think I had the same reaction. I've been praying for Stellan and MckMama like I know them personally. I smiled widely learning that Jenna was starting a photography business. And learning that Kathy was engaged filled me with glee. What is it about blogging that connects us to other people? And for that matter, Twittering. I feel like I know the exchange student that I've only met once really well. It amazes me that we can have these connections. I don't know any of these people in real life, and yet, I feel like I do, that they are friends. (Well, some of them anyway, at least the ones I receive comments from in return!)

I guess my point is to note how these connections over the internet really do matter. I'd encourage anyone to sign onto Blogger and start a blog. It's simple. All you have to do is post your thoughts or your photos, or links to something you found interesting. Anything really. But it is amazing to connect with people this way and connect with your family. So, to all my readers, thanks so much for taking this journey with me. I love you all!

4 comments:

  1. I've made good 'friends' via blogging, and when people visit or move to the Fairbanks area, I try to meet them and show them around. It's great! Also, when we travel around the state, I try to meet up with Alaskan bloggers I've 'met' through cyberspace. Perhaps one of these days I'll get to meet you too!

    ~Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS...what beautiful scenery! ALASKA ... a must on my 'places to go' list!
    So....

    I'm just googling newlywed blogs and inviting you to check out the "She Just Got Married" blog and ask you to consider adding the RSS feed to your Blog Roll!
    We're just trying to share some good news about newlywed life! :-)
    Hope to see you there!!
    http://www.shejustgotmarried.com/modules/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many people in my life who don't blog just can't understand what it is all about. They don't see why I want to share so much of my life with strangers. They don't understand why I'm willing to put in so many (many many many) hours when they don't really see how I'm getting anything in return. But the return are the connections I develop, with a diverse group of people that I would never have known otherwise. That's what I love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post - you are so right! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete