Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Favorite Books

I've been meaning to write this post for months. I finally decided this was the day! This is going to be a detailed list of my favorite novels and the reasons why. Hopefully this helps you find some new reading material!

The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit: JRR Tolkien - I discovered LOTR in junior high and went crazy about it. But this is a really timeless and classic series. The message is really powerful and I just love how it is written. Close to the top of my list!

The Circle Trilogy: Ted Dekker - This is probably my most favorite book series ever. It's a tale about good and evil, and what that would look like in the physical world. Fascinating story, and very powerful as well.

Blink (now Blink of an Eye): Ted Dekker - It's hard for me to describe what this story is about. It's easier to read another person's description!

The Chronicles of Narnia: CS Lewis - A classic. I love these stories.

The Wheel of Time
: Robert Jordan - Yet another series. It's very epic in proportion, eleven books are out and the twelfth is hopefully on its way. Jordan passed away last year (I believe) devastating fans because the series is not over yet. But if you like fantasy, this is the series for you.

Legends of the Guardian King: Karen Hancock - I discovered this series this summer. It's a really interesting series, making more connections with Christianity in daily life. But a great fantasy series as well.

Mark of the Lion: Francine Rivers - A series set in Rome after the time of Christ. Really well written and fascinating if you love history.

Lineage of Grace: Francine Rivers - 5 short novels about each of the 5 women in the lineage of Jesus - Tamar, Rahab, Ruth, Bathsheba and Mary. Really interesting perspective, and gives insight into stories that I had never thought of before.

The Atonement Child - Francine Rivers - A novel about the effects of abortion on a family. But also the redemption and growth through it.

A Gown of Spanish Lace: Janette Oke - A romance novel, yes, but it has a really great ending.

To Kill a Mockingbird: Harper Lee - One of those classics I was required to read once. But its one of my favorites.

I Want to Go Home!: Gordon Korman - The funniest book I have ever read. This is a juvenile fiction story, but it is hilarious! This is a Canadian author and his best work was his earlier stuff. He is writing things now, but definitely not as amusing as this one. The cover on Amazon makes it look really cheesey though.

I could go on and on, but these are my definite favorites. Maybe someday I'll make another list of other books, but for now I'll leave you all before you are too overwhelmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment