Thursday, December 18, 2008

Chicken Cordon Bleu

C's brother makes an amazing Chicken Cordon Bleu. We have continually asked him for the recipe and finally got it at Thanksgiving. Little did we know how involved and in depth it is. I would love to provide the recipe, but I have a hard time understanding the recipe! So we made it tonight. We bought all of the ingredients, some obscure, (Phyllo dough and Le Gruyere cheese, anyone?) and begged C's younger brother to come and help. He actually helped make the food up when the other one made it. We picked up the youngest brother as well. It took over 2.5 hours to make and we ended up with the doubled recipe. We made two pans and C is taking the boys home as I write this and taking one pan to the brother who got married a month ago. It's an amazing meal, but a lot of work and hard to put together correctly. Whenever we really get good with making it, I will hopefully post the recipe. But until then!
Nathan with his jawbreaker.
The recipe involves lightly buttering the Phyllo dough.
Then filling it with a mix of chicken, cheese, ham and spinach, and then rolling it up nicely. The dough is very fragile, but all of the ingredients are perfect and make a great mix. It's worth the work in the end, but it sure can be a pain!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog tonight...it's always so fun to meet new people.

    Ok...now you have my curiosity up...you have to post this recipe now! :) I have never even thought about attempting to make this, I assumed it was way over my head. And it probably is, but now I want to see what all is involved! :)

    ReplyDelete