Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas survey

Oh wow, this is my 100th post!

Read this on Missy's blog this morning and wanted to do it myself!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I pretty much just use wrapping paper. It's cheaper. If someone gives me a gift bag, I will likely reuse if it's in good shape. Sometimes it's easier to use gift bags, though.

2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial. A real tree is cool, and the experience of getting one is memorable, but I'm too freaked out of the fire hazard. And cleaning it up is annoying. C doesn't care, so we'll probably buy an artificial one after Christmas this year.

3. When do you put up the tree? I put it up the first week of November I think. Not sure I'll do that again next year. We haven't enjoyed it as much as I thought we would.

4. When do you take down the tree? Who knows! We shall see.

5. Do you like egg nog? Honestly, I’ve never even tried egg nog so I’m not sure if I like it. But it just sounds gross so I don’t think I’ll be trying it anytime soon.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes! I got one at work this summer with my bonus. It's cute. The best part is that C likes it too. I wasn't sure that he would.

8. Hardest person to buy for? There are several. My brother and his wife and their teenaged son. My dad. Two of my brother in laws. I think that's it...

9. Easiest person to buy for? I've discovered that it's my sister in law. We constantly see things that she would adore. It's hard, because we bought her stuff in August, and have been seeing a whole lot more that she would like!

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I'm mailing some this year! I usually send out a letter via email and sometimes on my blog. I might do it again as well. We'll see.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Oh my. I dunno. I don't want to think about it. I don't think I've ever gotten one that was just awful!

12. Favorite Christmas movie? I don't watch many. I like the Charlie Brown one!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I pretty much start whenever I see something someone would like. I try to be prepared all year. I know, I know, scary. Usually I don't really start until about August though. When we get new merchandise at work in the spring, I usually pull a bunch of stuff aside that I know people will love, and use my bonus at the end of the summer to take it all home. (It's an inventory bonus, so I'm not spending money anyway!) I also scour the internet looking for deals when I have ideas. And now that I am reading a ton of blogs, some of them list awesome deals everyday. I inevitably have a few people who are not taken care of by this time yet. But the majority of the shopping is done.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Probably. I can't think of anything. We kept some wedding presents that we are trying to decide what to do with. One of them we gave to my brother in law for his wedding. It was a huge set of tupperware type containers. We have so many already and BIL mentioned that he thought the set was cool. Woo, that's what he got for a wedding present!

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cookies! My parents have a friend who usually brings a box full of cookies every year. Definitely a highlight.

16. Clear or colored Christmas lights? I love them all. But especially the blue ones.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Little Saint Nick by the Beach Boys. I love a lot of the carols too, and I think my favorite would have to be O Holy Night.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I much more prefer to stay home. We went to California 4 years ago, and it just wasn't Christmas without cold and snow!

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? I inevitably miss one or two, so I won't even try!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Oooh, I dunno. We don't have a big enough tree to have one...someday we'll pick something!

21. Open presents Christmas eve or morning? C's family opens presents on Christmas Eve. Not sure what's happening with my family. I think C and I will open the ones we have for each other on Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Finishing up school! This time of year makes me very happy, but when I am stressed from college, it saps a lot out. When I finally can breathe after finals, I feel like I have run out of time to order gifts!

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? We don't have a theme. Most of the ornaments are defective ones from my work! It gives the tree character, but really, they look normal unless you look closely. These are my favorites:

One that I bought. It's an Eskimo girl

I bought this one as well. I think he's adorable!

This one was defective. I was going to buy one of these too, but someone broke one, so I hot glued it back together. I think they are cute!

This one was a total reject. My boss just gave it to me, because it had been sitting around the store for years on the sale table. It's kind of strange when you look closely at the stocking!

24. Favorite dinner for Christmas? *shrug* Whatever. Christmas isn't about a dinner!

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I dunno. I don't have anything specific that I have to have. I have an Amazon wishlist that I continually fill up. I pretty much just buy what I want!

No comments:

Post a Comment