Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Tour Of Homes 2008

I just discovered this yesterday and figured I'd give it a shot! For those of you who have already seen these pictures, I'm sorry! I'll add some new ones as well.

For those of you new to my blog, I'm a newly married Alaskan girl who just moved out this year as well. It's our first Christmas in our first apartment, so I don't have much, but our place is cozy!
Here is our window in the living room. White lights around our window.
Here is our nativity set. We got this from my work for free. We think it's very cute. They are made out of a type of plastic and aren't as fragile as they may look.
This was our original setup. This is a fiber optics tree that doesn't work at the moment. So I put lights up on it!Our new tree we bought used! My favorite color is blue, so we used blue lights.
Here's the tree with the lights not as bright so you all can see the ornaments.

A favorite ornament - an Eskimo girlOur current setup. This doorway leads to our bedroom and our bathroom.We put our stockings on our bookcase. My stocking was made by my grandmother around the time I was born. I love it. I bought my husband this one sometime this year. He doesn't care what it looks like, but I wanted it to be a little bit festive.

So that's our little bit of Christmas joy! Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your first Christmas together! I love that nativity set - so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Married 21 years here. From experience, I say go slowly buying Christmas decorations. With each purchase, ask youself whether it's something you're certain you'll enjoy on your 21st Christmas. Some things do have to be replaced year-to-year like garland (it just gets icky), but make the mementos meaningful.

    You're off to a great start!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you're off to a great start celebrating your first Christmas together. That nativity set is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas to you and your husband! Your home is very cozy and festive!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete