Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Blessing of family

I came to the realization tonight of how nice it is that both of C's and my parents and us are in the same area. It might be a hassle in some years to get us all together and such, but we have the blessing of us having grandparents nearby whenever we end up with a kid or two. I didn't get that luxury growing up. For Christmas this year, we will be going to C's parents' house, my parents' house and likely my brother's as well. Lots and lots of family time! But it will be good. I'm excited about it. I think we have all the presents bought. Just waiting for a few of them to come in the mail. I still have a lot ot wrap, though. That will be a tomorrow project.
I ordered this poster for my mom for Christmas. Snapfish had a sale going on and this seemed like a good gift. I also ordered a similar idea on a mug for my mom in law. I can't find the screenshot I took of it though.
Here we are tonight, eating ice cream while watching a Voyager episode. Youth group was a fun time tonight. We had a joint group with another church in town. And now, we won't be having small group or youth group for 2 weeks, because of the holidays! I will miss them both, but at the same time, it will be nice to have a break. 1 week till Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment