Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Recap 1

Christmas Eve continuation...I became suspicious about the present our neighbor brought to us. I started feeling it and proclaimed it to be a box of chocolate from work. C looked skeptical but that's what it turned out to be. He was appalled! I think I will take the box to work and exchange it for something else :P

We rushed over to my in laws' house at 5, an hour early, because C's brother's ex wife was there with their daughter and we wanted to see them. We spent some time with them and then they went to the next house they were visiting. The 3 little girls (7, 3.5 and 2.5) all had a blast and chased each other, made a fort and made watercolor paintings. The adults made conversation until dinner was ready. Nearly everyone crowded around the table for ham and potatoes. Then more conversation, much to the aggravation of the children there :P The younger kids took to playing santa and sorting out the gifts for everyone. C and I ended up on the couch with me next to his sister and him next to a brother. The best part about opening presents was to watch the 3.5 year old open hers and then pose for pictures. She got a toy cell phone, so she kept "calling" her dad ("Wing, Wing!") Listening to their conversations was very funny and cute.

One brother asked for a digital camera and received it earlier in the week. He and I were having a camera war, I suppose, and took many pictures. I ended up with double the amount he had, but that's normal :P Some of these shots are his and also my mother in law's.

C got two nice pairs of pants and some socks from one brother. All asked for, of course. He got a funny tshirt from another brother. I got this crystal garden growing kit thing. It's kind of cute! I also got the Iron Man DVD, which totally made my night. I was thrilled :P C and I together received a game - "Baffle Gab." Anyone ever played it? We haven't really looked at it yet.

Mother in law has a stuffed horse collection and we got her one and her husband got her another.

We got the family Mario Party 8 for the Wii, so the boys ended up playing that until 1am...Needless to say, I was ready to go home and go to bed, but was entertained at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment