Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Recap 2

Christmas Day
After we got home on Christmas Eve, we didn't fall asleep until 3am. We struggled to get out of bed at 10:30 on Christmas morning. We opened gifts together, just the two of us. And opened our stockings. C got me two CDs, a book and a DVD, all ones that I wanted. He did good! So we had fun having Christmas by ourselves.
Then we drove out to AP to spend the afternoon with my parents. Lucky for us, it had snowed all night and the roads weren't plowed yet! It was a bit tricky during the drive, but we made it. Of course, by the time we got there, there was at least 5 inches on the driveway. Lunch wasn't ready yet, so C and I played with the 3 kitties and then the four of us sat down to open presents.

We got Mom a photo collage of 2008. She loved it. And they in turn gave us a large framed family collage frame. It should be fun to fill it up!
Mom and Dad gave me a cute puzzle, a hair straightening kit, and a 12inch paper cutter for scrapbooking! My brother gave us a really soft blanket and Mom and Dad got one as well, that you can see below. I'm cuddled up in ours as I write this.

I also got C Photoshop CS3 last minute for him. I don't really consider it from me, but more from his and my parents. He ha(d)s version 7 and it crashes on Vista. He uses Photoshop every day to work on the website he works at. Needless to say, he was extremely happy and amazed and near tears to be getting it. He definitely had no idea it was coming either. It was well worth it to have him that happy with it!

Next we had lunch. Mom cooked a turkey, and we had more potatoes and a fruit salad. Towards the end we Skyped with my sister and her daughter. Her baby is getting so huge!!

After 4, we decided we had better home before it became dark. We wanted to stay longer, but I was wary of the roads. So we packed everything up and headed down the road. Thankfully, they were actually plowed and in a lot better condition. But then the snow started freezing on the windshield, so we had to pull over and scrape. But we made it home and that is all that matters!

The final recap is next!

No comments:

Post a Comment