Thursday, January 1, 2009

I have Twilight in my clutches

So I took matters into my own hands today about getting Twilight to read. I put out an appeal on my facebook and myspace statuses asking to borrow the first book. Kinda strange and desperate, I know, but within 20 minutes, I had a reply. And it was none other than my old high school Spanish teacher, who lives on the next street over. So at 5:20 or so, I ventured out into the dark with my flashlight and walked to her house. I chatted for a minute but she sent me off soon so I wouldn't have to face the moose and/or bear that she'd been seeing in the woods next to the street. I scurried home with my book in hand, happy. I spent the next 4 hours reading. I'm over half done, but decided to save the rest for work tomorrow. Then I will pick up the next one from my sister in law.

The book is interesting. It's a light, fast read (but 500 pages) and definitely chick lit. But I'm a sucker for it. And it has managed to make me laugh out loud a few times.

Tomorrow night, it appears that we are going to our red headed friend's house after work to have dinner there and to watch Iron Man and eat cookie dough ice cream. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment