Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What I learned this Week



I've kind of stopped participating in this blog carnival, but I've decided to pick it up again for this week.

In Hawaii and California on our trip, I tried out two different candy stores. I consider myself a slight chocolate connoisseur (k, not really) since working in a chocolate store for 3 years. I love to try out new chocolates, but they are never as good as what I'm used to. And I don't think it is a complete bias on my part. I am just now reviewing this as I am nearly done with the pieces I purchased finally.

Chocolate
We went into a Godiva store, which had all types of weird truffles. I got several - "cheesecake," "strawberry banana," and an "apple tart" or something. They were all....very close to their natural flavors, but those flavors just don't belong in chocolate!

At the Rocky Mountain Candy Factory, which I have gone into before, I finally got two pieces of "Seafoam." At my work, we get customers that ask for it constantly. My boss says that Seafoam is hard to get right and is not worth it for us to make. Needless to say, I got two pieces to try. Last night, I finally ate one of them. Or rather, took a few bites. I was not impressed in the least. It had a horrible after taste!

So, I've learned this week that sticking with flavors you know is sometimes best!

For more "What I've Learned this Week," visit Jo Lynne!

1 comment:

  1. I like the plain ole chocolates too. I recently got a small gift box of 4 chocolates from Victoria's Secret (Mother's Day promotion) and they were all 4 divine. They were pretty ordinary flavors though.

    Now working in a chocolate store is the kind of job I could get used to! ;-)

    ReplyDelete