Wednesday, May 20, 2009

New Lens

I had a stroke of genius (well, not really) and opened another ING account today. This is for my spending money. I keep a change jar and every couple of months, I roll what I can. I also throw $1 bills in there every so often and stuff.

Several months ago, I deposited $80 that had come from my jar. I threw that in the ING account today, and also $38 combined from change and an Ebates.com check I got 2 days ago.

What did I do with the money? I practically spent it all as soon as I got it :P I bought a Canon 50mm 1.8 lens, 3 books and 1 CD from Amazon. I also had some Amazon gift cards to spend, so it worked out well.

I am excited to work out the details of my spending account. I always feel guilty when I use our monthly budgeted money to buy books or whatever. This way, I can feel a little less guilty about it :P I'm planning on throwing in online survey checks, as well as the leftover cash I have at the end of the month into the pot. I have several bigger ticket items I'd like to buy in the relatively near future - a netbook for our next trip, several lenses, maybe a Kindle, etc. (I like my toys :P)

C thinks it's weird for me to be excited about "just designating money we already have" but I don't care :P

No comments:

Post a Comment