Sunday, June 21, 2009

Solstice

I meant to write this yesterday, but Blogger was not cooperating.

Yesterday was Summer Solstice. I never like that day. Once Solstice is over, it means that the days start getting shorter. Yes, it will be nice to finally be able to sleep in past, oh 4:30am, but I really never look forward to winter. Summer is too short here and winter is too long.

Once the middle of June comes and goes, I start mourning the end of summer, even though this is when it really gets going. I love eternal daylight (except for sleeping). Wintertime's minimal sunshine really gets to me sometimes. I make the most of the rest of the summer after this point, but really, it's depressing to me! (Even though we still have like 2 months of a lot of daylight left)

At least I don't live close to the equator where you can't even tell a difference between the solstices!

No comments:

Post a Comment