Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Seldovia Trip: Gull Island


Flock of birds near the Island
On Tuesday, my husband and I went on a boat trip across Kachemak Bay because I wanted to go. We went with Rainbow Tours and it was a fantastic time. This is just the first of a few posts I will do as recaps. Our first stop was Gull Island. I have seen Gull Island many times, but I am always amazed at how many thousands of birds are there.

Approaching Gull Island. Those white specks? Some are birds, but most of it is bird feces.



Fascinating hole in the rock island.

Here you can see a small fraction of the number of birds here. It's an amazing sight!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is an amazing sight! I think I would be too scared to be near all those birds. A seagull almost stole my cupcake once and then he went after my iced coffee, he was very brave...trues story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of gulls! I would be nervous too, we used to feed gulls when we went on ferries and I got bit too many times. These are beautiful images despite the seagulls! jk!

    ReplyDelete