Sunday, June 14, 2009

Moon Shots Round 3

I went up to the lookout at 11pm. The moon was supposed to rise at 11:30, but I wasn't sure how it would look, and with the sunsetting at that time, I was hoping to capture some cool shots. But, as I was there...this Asian man got out, and I groaned at the competition. He didn't stay more than 20 minutes though, so it was ok =P He missed the moonrise entirely.
The sunset didn't light up the mountains this time at all, but the moon was a weird shade of pink!
The lights of the Spit
I finally came home at 12:20. The moon did not really come above the mountains till about 11:50. I was so glad that I had a book to read! I came down the hill and pulled over to get these last two shots.
I think this is my favorite from this shoot!

So there you have it. I am still learning how to balance out my foreground and my bright night objects. It's been fun to have trial and error though!

2 comments:

  1. Love to know what works for you to get your awesome shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is wow and that's not just about these moon shots, but all of the previous posts. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete