I collect things, am an avid book reader, etc. And now that I have a lovely camera, I dream of nice lenses and other accessories (books, etc) My Amazon.com wishlist is ever growing larger with bigger ticket items of late, and it is a bit depressing. I started an online savings account on ING to have a place to put my personal spending money and am slowly saving up money for some goals.
Here's my list of bigger stuff...
- Amazon Kindle $359 - I have a lot of books. I ran out of bookshelf space by the time we moved into our apartment. And I continually get new books. I do try to curb the urge, but I have several favorite authors that I must buy the new releases from. A Kindle would be pretty awesome to have. But, you do still have to pay for the books, so...
- MSI Wind Netbook $300 - I want a cheaper laptop to take with us on our next trip. I was concerned while we were in Hawaii that I might lose some photos or something and never be able to get them back because all I was able to do was tote the memory cards around. My laptop died a year ago and I missed being able to take on along on our trip. A netbook sounds like a great solution! I am currently saving up for this specific model.
- Kitchenaid Mixer $200-300 - More of a household need! I know that C would love to have one of these. He constantly gushes over his mother's old mixer from the 80s, and I'm pretty sure a Kitchenaid would be just as nice. I have played with Redhead's Aid a few times lately and I would love one. All we have is a hand mixer and it does not work very well...so we always mix things by hand.
- Ipod Touch $215-280 - Just tonight did I really look into this thing. BIL1 has an iphone and we were really intrigued with it. I learned tonight that you can read Kindle books on the Touch too. I don't need it to be a phone, especially with the outrageous contract fees every month. C thinks the idea is pointless, but I would love one!
- Camera Lenses $200+ - Not much to say here :P