Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Sci Fi Inundation

C and I just got back from a lovely afternoon at the movies and then a leisurely jaunt to a favorite summertime restaurant for some clam chowder.

I am officially, slowly but surely, becoming cultured in the way of epic cultural icons. I've never been much of a movie watcher, and thus I have not seen most of the great films of recent times. So today, we watched Wolverine. I've never watched any of the Xmen movies or any of the cartoons or comic books. But that was a pretty impressive flick!

So far, I have recently (as in the past year or 2) been introduced to Spiderman, Transformers, Underworld, Smallville, Iron Man, Star Trek, and now Xmen. Batman and actual Superman is next on the list, though C is not too keen on either of the movie series for those two. We'll likely be renting the Xmen movies in the next couple of weeks now.

But I think I'm officially a Trekkie now =P We watched "First Contact" last night, and it was pretty intriguing. We also watched some bonus stuff on it, and it was interesting to see a lot of the characters I know and love from Voyager.

I love Sci Fi!!

1 comment:

  1. You should check out the animated Batman movie from 1993 called "Batman: mask of the phantasm"

    Before the bale/nolan movies it was lauded as by far the best Batman movie and we recently rented it and I have to agree. I did grow up watching the old Batman series on TV but I love the style that's pre-anime so people actually look like people.

    And there's a strong and believable woman/love interest that most comic book movies fail so badly on.

    Watching the old series again just reminds me of how spoiled I was growing up when it came to cartoons.

    ReplyDelete