Saturday, March 6, 2010

Rock Collection

Chalcopyrite. Intentionally left the edge out of the focus to get the colors in focus.
As a child, I avidly and almost obsessively collected rocks. I hit up the local shops that had them and whenever I traveled, I bought rocks with my money. My poor parents even took an entire side trip for us to go on a dig once. Where we didn't find anything :(
Malachite
For years I have tried to take photos of my rock collection. I remember when my dad first got a digital camera years ago, I attempted to take photos of them and put them on my personal website that I had at the time (Geocities, anyone?)
I can finally take the shots I've always wanted to! A macro lens is perfect for them!

Pyrite
Quartz crystals
Gypsum desert rose

I hope these weren't too terribly boring! I've really been loving finally getting to take these shots.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool rocks- and very cool photos! Do you have a light box or just some really great natural lighting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I've just got some lighting at this point. I've been looking to purchase a lightbox, but haven't done it yet!

    ReplyDelete