Monday, March 15, 2010

Adventures from the Past: 1999

Continuing with my past stories...

In 1999, I turned 11. The main thing I remember about that year was our family vacation. It was the first time I had been to my uncle's ranch. It was teeming with kitties! I quickly made friends with most of them. There are only a couple of the original kitties still there. I spent a lot of time checking out the ranch and seeing all there was to see. My aunt set me up with feeding the horses and I got to ride them once while there.

We made a trip to see my grandparents as well, but I do not have any photos from that jaunt, so unfortunately I do not remember any details from the trip.

Next, it was to my sister's place. Went swimming at the pool at her apartment. Alaska kids don't get to swim outside unless in the Lower 48! It's always a special treat for sure.

The last thing we did on that trip was take my dear sister's kitty Eva home with us. A Tortoiseshell Persian, she was a real character. She was a lot of fun to have around. We had her for a year before she passed away.

Thus began my saga of taking millions of photos of my cats. I have tons of photos - digital and film - of her. She always tolerated my abuse and photoshoots.

No comments:

Post a Comment