Monday, March 29, 2010

Planning

In the near future, C and I will be celebrating our 2nd anniversary with a four day trip to the big city. Two nice hotels, with one much nicer than the other. I am really excited to be going.

When we make a trip to the big city...which is typically twice a year, we (or rather I) go crazy in Walmart. Many people hate Walmart, I know, but I can't get those prices here. Not even close on many items. I have slowly been working on a list of everything we need and this morning I perfected it. I cleaned out the bathroom cabinet to find what we really need and don't. It felt great!

I will be buying canned soups, toiletries, and cereal, and a whole bunch more that is less expensive in Walmart. We are getting a Walmart about 80 miles from here that opens in 2 days! I'm pretty excited, as it will cut down on the big city grocery trips. However, it might not be as great as I am hoping for if the prices are not as good. We will have to see.

The biggest purchase we are hoping to make is a musical keyboard for C. He grew up with a piano and is a very gifted pianist. His dad lent us a keyboard for the first year or so, but it was a hassle, since he needed it back every few weeks. C has been itching to play for a while now, so I hope we can get a good deal for him :)

The museum is having a Star Wars exhibit at this time and I am really wanting to go. It's expensive, and C doesn't like Star Wars, but we might get some friends to go with us also to make it more fun. I'd also like to see Avatar in 3-D. It's still there right now, so hopefully it will be for us! Small town theaters don't have 3-D screens :(

I will let you know how it goes once we're back :)

2 comments: