Thursday, March 25, 2010

Census

I was going to write this post on Saturday but never got to it. I'm glad I waited!

A couple weeks ago, I got a letter from the government announcing the census form was going to arrive at my house. The next week, sure enough, it arrived. I filled it out, rather disgusted at how much paper was being used, when I only filled it out for 2 people, and sent it off.

Saturday, I checked the mail again and there was a generic postcard sent to all postal customers as a reminder to fill it out. At that point, I was ready to scream.

Now, on Monday, I get another postcard, this time addressed to my address, just not my name. Another reminder to fill out the form.

Now I know why we are in such debt! Paper and postage and the wages of whoever is typing, printing, stuffing and addressing! 4 pieces of mail for one form!

I understand that this is important and that many people just won't fill it out. But good grief, was it really necessary, especially when there will be people going door to door soon?


No comments:

Post a Comment