Wednesday, July 1, 2009

You Capture: Photographer's Choice

You Capture
This week's You Capture's theme was up for grabs. Photographer's Choice. I wasn't sure what I would share, until Monday morning. I was at work, and only had my point and shoot with me, when I glanced out the window to see a mama moose and two calves! It's the first set of twins I've seen this summer. I was disappointed I didn't have my other camera, but these will have to do!

By the time I had my camera in hand, this is what I saw.

There's the second baby!

They weren't too sure of me watching them.

I was excited when this one came across the bridge. It didn't turn out quite as nice as I was hoping. The baby on the left wasn't looking anywhere near the camera or had its head in the grass in each shot I got.

They started getting spooked by some cars driving into the parking lot.

Here they go! I wish that car wasn't in the background of this one!

Into the trees they go.

Adios!

18 comments:

  1. WOW! ....Now that's what I call being in the right place at the right time!! Great shots! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool to live in a place where moose just come join the work day!
    Sometimes I get so caught up in my day to day - I forget there is a whole world out there living a completely different life! Thanks so much for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are kidding me! How awesome!! The only thing that ever used to hang out outside my office when I worked were thugs! This is fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow, where do you work? When I saw the first shot, I thought you were at the zoo! Absolutely awesome captures!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen a baby moose before! Those pictures are awesome. I love the last one as the walk away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! I'm a little jealous too. The only wildlife I see around here are squirrels and seagulls.

    Great capture - both for the twin moose (meese?) and for showing a slice of life unique to Alaska.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AAAAHHH!! Is that a normal thing to see there? Those are some CLOSE MOOSE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HOLY COW...that is something to see out the window.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pictures are fantastic! I love these.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still can't believe this is your surroundings. I am so jealous, this is every day life for you. It's amazing!! Seems like summer is there too, finally!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing captures! I've never seen a baby moose. Don't think I would have known what it was without the mama there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, I want them! They are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are amazing! I'm so glad that you had your camera right there so that we could all see this! :) Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete