Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Family and gratefulness

The highlight of my weekend this past week was taking photos for BIL1 and his daughters. It's a long and drawn out situation, but nevertheless, BIL wanted some nice pictures of them with him. I was so happy to oblige him :)

It was good to spend some time with him and the girls for a few hours. He's my favorite brother of C's, but we only get to see him when he comes down every few months.

In other news, the end is in sight for my workaholic nature (not really) This is my last week of the latest I work, and it definitely can not come fast enough. Working late leaves me exhausted and high strung. C, who gets home usually 3.5 hours before I do is ready to hang out with me when I get home and get on with the evening. I usually just want to sit for at least an hour and veg out. It definitely makes for some interesting evenings. This is why I have not been blogging. I have plenty of ideas, and have even written out several entries while at work...but I have no energy to sit down and type it out when I am home. 1 more month and I will be homefree!

One thing I have noticed since I got onto this photography kick, is that scrapbooking is not intriguing anymore. It makes me feel awful. The photos I took (I'm working on Thanksgiving right now) are not that great comparatively to what I have now and I just find them "blah" so I don't even want to work on it. Very depressing to me.

I have a big praise. Redhead was riding her horse on Sunday and managed to tumble down a cliff, along with the horse. Miraculously, she and the horse are both fine, a bit bruised, but that is the extent of it. The horse rolled over her and didn't squish her, nor hit her with his hooves. Amazing. We are all really grateful that she walked away just fine.

That's what's been partly on my mind for the past week!

No comments:

Post a Comment