Thursday, September 25, 2008

Old Classmates

Linnaea came over yesterday and we spent a good deal of time looking for people on myspace and facebook that we went to elementary school with. I brought out my old yearbooks and we went at it. We found so many people. Some of them I added, but most I just sat and stared at. It is so crazy how people change. And mature. Many of the faces in the yearbooks reminded me of immature moments, thinking someone was mean or really nice. It's so strange to see where everyone ended up and what they look like now. Most of the ones we found were people we haven't seen since about 1st or 2nd grade. And now they are in their 20s. Some of them we looked at several people and weren't seeing a resemblence and suddenly we would find a listing that was obviously that person. A good 13-15 year difference and you could tell immediately who it was. So strange yet amazing.

I made contact with one girl who kind of remembered me. It's strange to remember some people so well and yet they have no idea who you are!

It makes me think how crazy it is that we are all growing up and aren't kids anymore. Many of my classmates are married (or not) and have a kid, or two. I wonder what they think when they look at me. I came out of my shell somewhere in high school, found a boyfriend and am now married. Fascinating to think about!

No comments:

Post a Comment