Saturday, June 30, 2012

Chicago 2012: June 17 Part 2

[caption id="attachment_2995" align="aligncenter" width="433"] Me with Marie, the kitten from the Aristocats :P[/caption]

We continued wandering down Michigan Ave (the Magnificent Mile), sight seeing.

We saw the Disney Store and had to go in. It was such a fun place! The employees seemed to really enjoy their jobs too, which was cool.

Our missing girl who should have been with us loves Mickey Mouse and collects all kinds of Mickey was sad that she couldn't have been there with us, because I knew she would have loved it! I took some pictures for her :P

I ended up buying an Ariel t-shirt that I really liked. The prices were fairly reasonable in there, which surprised me.

Once we were finished in there, we went into another shop where I found a lovely panoramic postcard. I saw no price on it, but assumed it wasn't more than a dollar. Oh no, it was $2 plus tax. O.o Ah well, I liked it enough to complete the sale, but good grief!

We were running out of time in the evening, as one of our members needed to catch a plane later, so we headed back up the street looking for food.

It was back to Bennigan's, where we went last time. I got an excellent potato soup....I think the best I have ever had anywhere! 3 of the guys got the Big Irish, and only Tom managed to finish it! And in record time too O.o!


[caption id="attachment_3005" align="aligncenter" width="900"] Three Big Irishes..[/caption]

We left Bennigan's, and came across this table full of chess and checker boards that we had passed earlier in the day. We had received word that the plane had been delayed, so we had time to kill. Mases, the chess master, decided to try his hand and surrendered $3 to play a game.

I soon wandered off to sit on a bench lining a park, and to take some photos. Mas kicked booty at chess, as expected, and played several games.

[caption id="attachment_3011" align="aligncenter" width="433"] Rollerblading couple :)[/caption]

I enjoyed people watching as I waited!

An hour or so later, it was getting dark, so I took some photos of the sky scrapers lit up. We had gotten several calls from the airline that the plane was delayed, delayed, delayed, and then suddenly, they had a new plane lined up. We tried to high tail it to the airport, but missed it despite the effort. So we remained 5 of us throughout that evening.

To lighten the mood, we went to Dunkin Donuts/Baskin Robbins. Soft serve ice cream and a donut helped me feel better anyway :P

Went to bed at some point to get ready for our final day in Chicago :(