Saturday, June 30, 2012

4th of July!


This was my first Fourth of July off in 6 years! It felt so good!

Representative Paul Seaton throwing out bouncy balls!

We drove to my hometown for the parade and festivities there. Hung out with my parents in the rain, and saw lots of people I know.



The parade was short and sweet like usual, but we got lots and lots of candy, haha!



We stayed for the picnic and waited in line for over 30 minutes to get food. Behind us, we had a whole passel of Michigan teenagers, mostly making ignorant comments :) "I feel so terrible for the people that live here. All this water everywhere and it's too cold to swim in! And all the lakes too. I don't know what I would do!!" LOL We get over it and swim anyway!



Had a great picnic meal, but hid in the car out of the rain!



Next, it was to the river for the plastic duck race! The duck race was the highlight of the 4th for me as a child and I was excited to participate again!



Three colors of ducks get dumped from the bridge above the river and the winning ducks win cash!









After the duck race, we hung out with some friends for a few hours before heading back home for the next parade!



This parade always lasts longer and is generally more exciting! We got more candy than usual this time around too, but I suspect it was due to the rain and less people were in attendance.

Paul Seaton and the bouncy balls again!

It was a fun parade, a fun and full day and I can't wait for next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment