Saturday, June 30, 2012

Chicago 2012: July 16 #1

[caption id="attachment_2937" align="aligncenter" width="650"] Everyone scrunched into a booth at my insistence[/caption]

Saturday morning, after the marathon ended, we all slept in to catch up on sleep. I don't have any idea when I got up, or when we left the house, but our destination was the best pizza on the planet: Deep dish from Giordano's!!

[caption id="attachment_2939" align="aligncenter" width="433"] The best pizza in the world[/caption]

I must say I have been craving that pizza since the last time we were in Chicago, and I was afraid that it would not live up to my expectations (or my gushing to the others would be in error). But it was excellent!

I forced everyone into the booth to take another group photo. We dug into the pizza and it was just as good as I remembered. Everyone else appeared to like it a bunch too, so that was excellent. It is most definitely on par with my other favorite pizza place, Starvin Marvins, and in some ways, has surpassed it. :)

After lunch, we headed to the playground, but that will be tomorrow's post :)
After we went to the playground, we walked to Dairy Queen for ice cream. I had no idea that some DQ's only serve ice cream, beverages, and hot dogs (no other food!) It was a great treat on a warm day. Before we went to DQ, our first participant left to go home...the beginning of the end.
We went back to the house and got ready to leave again to go to the Galloping Ghost Arcade.

[caption id="attachment_2944" align="aligncenter" width="433"] Frogger :)[/caption]

On the way, it poured rain, and I started to notice some lightning in the dark. I've only seen lightning 3 other times, and I don't believe it was dark for those times, so it was fun to see it!

[caption id="attachment_2945" align="aligncenter" width="433"] Bubble Bobble![/caption]

The arcade was a lot of fun. Tons of cabinets, and it was cool to see the guys spread out looking for games to play alone or together. Even I found several I was interested in playing!

The only downside was how hot it was inside. So warm. I ended up buying a water bottle to stay hydrated after an hour or two. I'm not sure how long we were there for, but it was a lot of fun. We got back to the house pretty late and all of us hung out for a little while, and the second participant prepared to get some sleep before getting on a plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment