Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Scrapbooks

Dawn at Joys of Boys made an interesting scrapbooking post. So I'm taking her idea (well, not really her idea as she got it from someone else) and answering the questions here.
  • How many albums have you made?
  • How long have you been scrap booking?
  • Where do you like to buy your scrap booking supplies?
*Goes to count* I have completed six 12x12 albums with most having 30 pages or more, and am working on two. One of those albums is one I made of concerts I have been to. Four of them are just my life, from birth to current. The last one I finished is one I made about C and I - from the beginning until we got engaged. We displayed that one at our wedding reception and the guests loved it!
Right now I am working on another album about current life. I have it up until this past summer. I also am working on my wedding album. It involves everything wedding related, and I am continuing it as the next "us" book.

It's hard to devote time to scrapping during the school year. I feel bad about doing something that I want to when I have piles of homework to do.

I love scrapbooking because it calms me down and lets me create something permanent with all of the hundreds of photos I take.

I've been scrapping since I was pretty young. Whenever my mom became interested in it was when I did. I made pages for myself, but they turned out fairly awful. I think it was at the beginning of high school that I really became serious about it. I also redid a lot of the pages that I had started with.

I buy my supplies all kinds of places. I get my albums and pages from Creative Memories. I get my paper and stickers all places. Michael's is my favorite place, but I have to drive 4 hours to get there! We have a scrapbooking store in town, so I do go in there sometimes. I basically pick up supplies wherever I find them. It's my expensive hobby, but I think it's worth it!

I have been taking photos of my pages and uploading them to Photobucket to share with family. Here are some of my favorite pages:


If any of you scrapbook, feel free to post your experiences too!

1 comment: