Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Homecoming

Caleb's coming home tonight! As soon as he can get on a flight, he'll be here. I'm so glad that he'll be home soon!

I spent today doing errands and then browsed at Salvation Army, and bought 4 books and 5 cooking magazines with recipe cards. I thought it was a good purchase and I'm not paying nearly full price for those magazines. Then I went into work and hung out for a bit and bought chocolate for my pity party :P

This week, I set up 4 accounts at ING Direct. (Let me know if you want a referral link to get a bonus on opening a savings account!) I opened an account for: vacations, tuition, fun money and a house downpayment. The accounts get 3% interest, which is way better than Wells Fargo's .25%. We're keeping our WF savings account for our emergency fund, but this way we can see the savings progress on different goals. I'm excited to see how it works.

I heard this morning that the dividend may be paid out next month instead of in October to help residents pay for fuel sooner. It'll be awesome to have some more money a bit sooner.

We're planning a trip to the state fair on our next weekend. I was afraid we might not be able to go if Caleb got stuck on a jury. This way we can do some shopping in Anchorage and spend time together out of town. We'll be staying with his brother so we won't have to pay for a hotel. I'm really looking forward to it!

I can't wait till Caleb's home!

No comments:

Post a Comment