Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Fun Times

Tuesday, it was gloomy outside. At about 8 o'clock, the sun broke through and it looked beautiful. I convinced Caleb to go with me to the beach. And so for about an hour we walked Mariner Park, picked up 2 pieces of sea glass, several pretty white rocks and just had conversation. It was really nice :)

Later, we watched Juno. It made us sad. It was a good movie, but very Napoleon Dynamite-esque at times. (I enjoy that movie, but I'm tired of the copying)

Today, it was sunny again. I really wanted to go to Happy Valley Falls, but it didn't happen at all. I went to AP by myself and hung out with my mom for a while. Then I went to my friend Paulina's house and hung out with her and her 17 month old girl. Whew, what a handful. We did a bunch of different things - she made me a smoothie and then we played badminton and threw a frisbee around. It was really warm outside. It turned out to be a very worthwhile trip and a lot of fun. I'm glad that I went.

It's so weird seeing one of my friends as a mom, though. All of the people I know who have recently had children still have younger babies than 17 months. It was just strange to see her as a mom and doing great.

Tonight I made my favorite meal - spaghetti! I'm set for the next week on work meals now!

No comments:

Post a Comment