Friday, August 29, 2008

Catching Up

Sorry I have been absent! It's been a tiring and whirlwind week.

Tuesday morning early we headed for the fair. We had breakfast with my parents at 7am. It was good to see how Dad is recovering (good). We then headed off down the highway. Caleb has a cold at the moment, so while he drove for about a half hour, he got drowsy and couldn't continue. We made it to the fair at 1:40. We were just in time; at 2pm, they were ending their special admission price of the day of $2 instead of $10.
We walked the shops, looked at the animals, ate junk food (funnel cake, ice cream bar and cotton candy) We went on some rides...I hate the Gravitron. Caleb convinced me to go it, and it didn't sound that bad. He's only ever been on the one in Homer's carnival, though and this one was quite a bit more extreme.
Anyway, with our tickets, we got to play one free game and won a stuffed hand that Caleb will likely put in his car.
After walking and observing for hours, we left the grounds a little before 8. Caleb was more awake this time and drove back to Anchorage. We went to Walmart to do some of our shopping. After that, we went to his brother Christopher's apartment to wait for him to get off of work. It took a lot longer than we were expecting, but it was worth it to get to hang out with him and have a place to sleep!

The next morning, we went the Bagel Restaurant that we went to on our honeymoon. It was, of course, delicious again. We said goodbye to Christopher after our breakfast, and did more shopping. We went to my place of employment in Anchorage, saw the owner of the company (in the 4 or 5 times I've been there, I've not seen him there till now), tried some new candy, and bought a t-shirt. I also kind of met one of the managers I have talked to on the phone.

Next, it was back to Walmart, then Best Buy and Old Navy. We walked out of the latter 2 with nothing. We then went to Bed Bath and Beyond to exchange a wedding gift. We got a couple of needed things, and were on our way. We ate at Pizza Hut in that parking lot and then headed back home. I drove until Girdwood, and Caleb read to me out of the book he is reading. We switched at the gas station and I read to him for well over an hour, and my throat became pretty sore. We switched about 20 miles before Soldotna and I drove the rest of the way home. We stopped at my parent's house again and Mom offered us root beer floats. So that was a nice detour.

We got home at 9:30 and went to work yesterday, exhausted!

In other news, my classes started yesterday. I looked at everything and downloaded syllabuses. I'm going to attempt to start on reading a textbook this morning. This is my last full week of work for a while. Next week I have 3 days, and then I am down to 2 a week for September. I hate going back to school, but I do like cutting back on work.

So that's where I've been. I'll update again when something interesting happens!