Monday, May 30, 2011

Sea Otter and a Boat

It is probably a bad thing, but much of the wildlife here is a bit desensitized to humans. The black dot in the water is a sea otter. The boat went right next to it and it did not dive under.
I just found it interesting! I want to be in the boat, shooting the otter!

I have been taking daily trips in different parts of my new yard lately to see how the plants are doing (the weeds!). I have been taking my camera and macro lens around for many of these jaunts so I can capture what I see. Last night, I wandered to the property line and was quite happy with what I found - ferns, watermelon berry plants, raspberry bushes, and several other plants I did not expect to find! Unexpected blessings :)

Today is the first Memorial Day off I have had since I started working. So weird, but it is nice to have a 3 day weekend with C! We don't get too many of those together. We don't have any plans as of yet, but definitely to enjoy this weather! Did you do anything special for the holiday weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment