Wednesday, August 5, 2009

You Capture: You

You Capture
This week's You Capture post is focused on "You." I wasn't sure that I would be able to come up with anything interesting for this one. I usually have a hard time getting good pictures of myself. I ended up playing around this afternoon and got quite a few I was happy with. I don't want to seem conceited, but I had some fun ones that I enjoyed and then had to thrown some in that were just plain old me. Consequently, there are a few and I wanted to share them :P


To start off, I wasn't sure how to do it. So I set up the camera in the kitchen and did not get the focusing correct. Everything was blown out, but I ended up liking it and upping the contrast a bit.

My trusty camera

This was the first shot I tried like this and couldn't get another to work, so I went with it!

Just me

I wanted to get the mirror image in focus, but it didn't happen. I still think it turned out interestingly.

Thanks for looking and I hope it wasn't too unbearable =P

27 comments:

  1. I love all your shots! You did a great job. I'll even look the other way that you're a canon girl and not a nikon girl. HA! Teasing.

    Nell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful captures! The first one is definitely my favorite! Looks like you spent hours on it in Photoshop :)

    You definitely had fun with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are terrific! I love the first one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job! The first one is insanely good. Plus, you're just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creatively done. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These turned out great. I love the color in the first one and the mirror image one too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your shots! I am with you on the difficulty focusing. I knew this week would be hard as far as confidence goes but I was surprised by how hard technically it was too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think these turned out just awesome...I love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these shots! Especially the first and the last one! SO cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you did a really good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. totally bearable...
    great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the 4th- it has an almost candid feel to it. they are all fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. fun pictures!! i love the hand in the air shot :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all of your shots! I've mastered the art of a self-portrait, but I get the same pose over and over again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are great! Very candid and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Unbearble?! Not at all! Loved all of the shots. I think my favorite is the first. Who knew what a statement an unfocused picture could make! Like how you played with the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That first one is COOL! All are so creative! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree...the first one is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It looks like you had a lot of fun playing with it. Thanks for sharing.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like all the perspectives you took with this challenge. My favorite is the mirror image.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Pretty cool shots!
    I love to play with my canon like that too! =)

    ReplyDelete