Friday, August 21, 2009

School Woes

You may recall that I was concerned that I would lose my scholarship due to the drama from this past semester (dropping a class, failing one). I put off contacting the school about it for several reasons, but the main one being that no one appears to be in charge in the scholarship department. Anytime I have attempted to talk to someone, no one really knows much about the scholarships, just that they exist, basically.

I finally shot off an email to the school on Saturday. Wednesday, I finally got an email back. I still have my scholarship! I am on "Academic Warning" from my GPA.

Upon learning this, I had to register for another class. I then ran into my next hurdle: there was a hold on my account because of this warning status. The hold had been in place since June 10. But no one had bothered to contact me to let me know about it. I would have not known it was there until I tried to access my UAonline account.

I emailed my advisor (a favorite professor) and told him the whole story. I came home from work Thursday night to a very pleasant email from him about it. He had intervened on my behalf and I was all good to go.

I have registered for my 5th class - Income Tax for Individuals, and purchased the expensive textbook ($128 from Amazon xP) and now I'm already for this coming Tuesday. Fall Semester 2009, here I come!


No comments:

Post a Comment