Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Photo Wishlist

In trying to decide what gear I will need to really make a professional go of this "business" I have, I have been thinking a lot of about equipment I will need. Here is my current want list...

Lightroom 2.0 - I can get it inexpensively through my college stuff. Just haven't done so yet. I got to play with it the other day and it looks fantastic!

Canon 40D - Or maybe the 50D when it comes down to it. I will eventually need a different camera body. I have already hit some of the limitations of my Rebel. I will continue using this one for a while, though. I think I need to max it out on every aspect before I can begin to really look into the next jump. Of course, I'd love to jump up to the highest level of Canon camera, but that won't happen for a long time!

Remote - I got one for my Rebel that was not compatible with it. I have found 2 that I think are. I will do more research before I purchase, but I have my eye on a couple.

Canon 17-40 f/4L USM Lens - One of the least expensive L lens out there. This is my next goal to get.

Polarizing, Neutral Density, and Graduated Neutral Density Filters - I would have already bought each of these, but the L lens above does not take any of the same diameter filters as any of my other 3! And each of my 3 lens have a different diameter. Sure, filters aren't that truly expensive, but when you are buying 3 of each....it is! I'm trying to decide whether to wait until I get the L lens to invest in them, or get them now anyway. Any thoughts?

What's on your wishlist?

2 comments:

  1. Ah..if only... Lightroom is also on my wishlist, but for now I'm using free software :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I just purchased a whole bunch of stuff. You may have seen it on my site. I got the camera bag, and TWO lenses. Spoiled myself there. And 105 mm Macro Lens, a 50 mm 1.4 Lens. Than some little stuff like more memory, grey card, cleaning stuff. But of course I am most excited about my lenses, I still have to learn to work them though, my photo's aren't the greatest at this point. Do I still have a wish list? SURE! More memory, more batteries, a 28 mm lens, a light meter.

    I may have some tips, see what you do with it.
    1. As a student you can also buy Adobe Photoshop. It's a program that has more to it than Lightroom.
    2. About the lens, I see it's a f4. I wonder if you would want it to go lower than that. I made a point to buy a 1.4 or 1.8 lens giving me more ability at night, more light. But I am not familiar with Canon so maybe I write non sense.

    ReplyDelete