Monday, January 31, 2011

Sunshine Line

I have been paying more attention lately to how the light falls during the day. This was taken a few weeks back at sunrise, and I was intrigued by how the light was divided by the mountains.

Yesterday after church, there was a benefit for a local man who is battling a bad illness. I went with my parents, an hour after it started and was very startled to see the sheer amount of people there, who were still coming and those that had already left. It was amazing to see the community spirit to help this family. I love small towns :)

It's been "warm" for days now. Our snow is going away again and many are complaining about the Lower 48 getting our winter this year! Today it's 36 degrees, and wet. It's nice not freezing, but the warmth keeps it cloudy most of the time, which doesn't encourage me to run to the beach for photos. We are gaining daylight though! 5 minutes or so a day. It's bittersweet for me (I like the early sunsets for selfish reasons) but I am so looking forward to summer again!

No comments:

Post a Comment