Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Youth Group Emotion

Youth group became a big part of my high school years. I spent a lot of time there, expressing emotions - mainly lots of tears. My mother was going through cancer treatments at the time and it really was awesome to have so much support through a rough time.

Youth group tonight didn't develop the way it was "scheduled." But it ended up being all the richer, I think.

We have a sharing time, for if people have a word from God, or something to share. It rapidly turned into a crying session for several of the girls. Our leader changed the direction of his message and had us break into smaller groups and pray for each other. I was with 7 girls, half of them new to the group. I have been finding myself drawn to them lately and I was happy that I joined their group. They cried, shared their hearts, and prayed for each other and were all encouraging to each one. It was awesome. I was really blessed to be a part of it and I really hope that it helps me connect with them in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment