Sunday, May 23, 2010

You Know You Live in Alaska...

A couple of days ago, my boss walked in the door with a big grin on her face. She exclaimed, "I just saw my first set of twins!"

My coworker and I excitedly chattered over the story after that. I loved the fact that we knew exactly what she was talking about without any clarification.

What did she see? Twins?

Newborn moose calves.

Moose are everywhere here. They come up in conversation mainly so that people know they are around so they can be avoided. But newborn calves are a conversation topic, for sure. They are just so cute, that I don't know anyone that won't rush to the window to see one.

The babies in the shot above were last year's calves. I have been on the lookout for one in my yard, but no such luck yet :)


No comments:

Post a Comment