In the recent past, I have come across several articles on "focus stacking". Basically, it is hard to get all of an image in focus when shooting macro (and some landscapes, as well) and one way of making that work is to shoot multiple images with different parts in focus, and then combining in post processing.
I went outside and searched for good subjects. I set up my tripod and started firing away on these leaves, manually focusing. I erred on the side of too few images. Some parts are a bit blurry, unfortunately. This one was 4 shots put together, which should have been more. I am pleased with how it turned out though, as a first attempt. It took a lot of time, but I'm intrigued to see what else I can do with it.
For the second image I did, I really did not plan it out well. This is 3 images, and I originally planned to have the blurred leaves in focus. It did not work too well, and I'm unsure of my opinion of the final result.
Let me know if you try this technique and how it worked for you!