Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Student Art Showcase

April 30, the local college had a student art showcase. Because I took a photography class in the fall, I was able to submit a piece of work to it. I took a poll on my Facebook photography fanpage, and "Kachemak Bay in the Golden Hour" won. The framed print turned out amazing, and it is up for a month at the college.

I stayed at the college for almost two hours as family and friends filtered through. It was definitely a challenge to be gracious with praise for my work. I don't take praise or criticism well, at least in person, which is something I need to work on!

My professor for the class was delighted with the image, so that was a good sign :) It was a good experience, and also good to see what people that I do not know thought of my work.

1 comment: