Saturday, May 5, 2012

Stress Part 587!

This past week has proved that May is not any different than April for me :P *sigh* Lots of work drama that I can't really get into at this time, but I will say that responsibility at work seems to be a lost art :(
 I bought a netbook for a college computer a year and a half ago and while I have rarely used it, I have been so happy to have it when I have needed it. I bought it for trips - first to finish up college with and secondly as a "photo dump" for when I am on trips and want empty memory cards. I have been very happy with it so far, but I am going on a trip in a few weeks and I will be tweeting and posting photos to Facebook (more on that later) and I have been agonizing for months about a photo editing program to edit my RAW files. I started to research my options months ago, but then got too busy to ponder it. Now that my trip is suddenly quickly approaching, I knew I needed to figure out what I was going to do. My problem was that the netbook's screen resolution is such that Photoshop and Lightroom technically would not work because they need 1024 x 768 to run correctly. Upon researching further, I discovered that many people have run Photoshop on their netbooks with no problem and that the issues are easily worked around. So I set about installing PS and lo and behold, it works tolerably! So, I took a step further and installed Lightroom as well and I am happy to report that I have success! I'm quite pleased :)

Not much else to say at the moment. Work is consuming my life right now and most of my thoughts have been centered in that direction. Not healthy, but not much I can do at this point. I'm in a much better frame of mind this evening than I have been the past 2 nights for sure, but still.

The snow is almost completely gone from my yard. Green shoots are coming out. The pushki, horsetails and buds are pushing up! Hooray! A cow moose has been meandering through my yard the past couple of days and she looks pregnant :) Looking forward to babies!

I was out taking some photos Thursday night to work on a project and when I came back inside, I realized how much less stressed out I was. Such a nice feeling :)

I had an online friend write to me the other day (she's 14 or so) and she is doing a school project on photography. After describing it, here's what she said: "And I have to do a page on my arts hero/heroine. So I wanted to pick Michelle because her photos are my inspiration :)" AW! I was floored, but also humbled. So fun! So I gave her a little interview to use :)

I'll end with a funny joke I saw recently (no idea its origin):
A new pastor was visiting the homes of his parishioners. At one house it seemed obvious that someone was at home, but no answer came to his repeated knocks at the door. Therefore, he took out a card and wrote "Revelation 3:20" on the back of it and stuck it in the door.

When the offering was processed the following Sunday, he found that his card had been returned. Added to it was this cryptic message, Genesis 3:10."

Reaching for his Bible to check out the citation, he broke up in gales of laughter.
Revelation 3:20 begins "Behold, I stand at the door and knock." Genesis 3:10 reads, "I heard your voice in the garden and I was afraid, for I was naked."

No comments:

Post a Comment