Thursday, May 3, 2012

Moose Sightings

I was driving to work one morning when this moose suddenly turned onto my street and started running down it, straight for my car. I was a bit freaked out, and wasn't sure what to do. I couldn't grab my camera until it had already veered away from my car, but I wasn't sure what was going to happen for a bit there!



I enjoy moose visits at home :)





The poor moose were starving this winter due to the huge amount of snow we had. They took to stripping the trees lining the main street in town of their bark. Time will tell if the trees survive, but it's sad to see, for both the trees and the moose, especially because that bark is apparently not the best thing for them.

I am happy to report that green grass is poking its head up now, so hopefully they have new food now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment