Wednesday, October 7, 2009

New Car!!

I got my current car (1998 Kia Sephia) in April of 2007 for $1000. It was a fantastic car, until it got cold that following winter. It started having problems starting, until every day, no matter if it was 40 degrees, it took some oomph to start. I had to keep it plugged in during the night to make sure it would go.

Last winter was the same. Various mechanics have looked at it and have not been able to find the issue. It is a great and awesome car except for that.

I have been looking off and on for a new car ever since last summer. As much as I love my car, I need a new one. I have scoured Craigslist countless times, and the classifieds too.

I had recently resigned myself to another winter of constant aggravation. On Monday, my boss told me that my coworker was selling her car. Immediately, I contacted her about it.

Last night, we took it for a test drive and asked several questions. I knew it was in fantastic condition because my coworker loves to complain about anything and everything. She never had a complaint about that car, though her husband's truck sure caused problems.

Enter our 2004 Kia Rio Cinco.


It's perfect. We got an amazing deal on it (Blue Book for $4500, we paid $3000)

- It starts no problem.
- working cigarette lighter (mine broke)
- working radio (again, stopped working mostly)
- CD player (A dream of mine! Too bad I use an Ipod...)
- Rear wiper (Wonderful for muddy and snowy Alaskan roads)
- Automatic
- 55000 miles on it.
- Uses no oil (I expected that, since my car doesn't either)
- Great gas mileage (again, expected)
- Mounted studded tires

Those might sound like superficial concerns, but they are important to me!

I love answered prayer. Definitely fell into our laps unexpectedly, but I am so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment