Friday, October 9, 2009

My Favorite Apps

I have had my Ipod Touch over a month now and I keep remembering that I promised a more formal review of it.

I haven't used it as much as I expected. Part of that could be that I assumed I could get onto the Wifi at work, and I cannot. I did take it to the big city and was able to check Facebook and my email there. That was nice. I've noticed that when the Wifi is on the Ipod tends to use a ton of battery life. Especially when searching for a network.

I have not bought any apps at all, though I have been tempted at times. Here are my favorite free apps:

Pocket Informant Lite: This is what I have been using my Ipod for constantly. It's basically Google Calendar. There are probably many great apps out there that do all of this, but I like this one. I have been using it constantly for my homework. I reference it daily to tick things off my to do list.

Facebook: Who doesn't need FB on their phone/touch? And it's actually a pretty cool version too.

Flashlight: A nifty one that allows you to sort of see in the dark.

Flixster: I use this for finding movies that are playing and reviews. Doesn't work in my area for when movies are playing where :(

Flood-It: Fun and kind of addicting game.

FMC: Female Menstrual Calendar. 'Nuff said.

Google Earth: Kind of snazzy if you don't want that program being such an energy hog on your computer. (At least that's my experience with it!)

TweetDeck: Twitter. I love being able to use TD on my desktop and then on my ipod.

Boxed In: Another fun game. A puzzle game that really makes you think.

Those are my thoughts at this point. I think I would use it a lot more if I had the Iphone to have wifi everywhere. But I also like inexpensive, so I'll take what I can get! It's definitely a cool toy, and I'd recommend it if you've got a couple bucks to spare!

No comments:

Post a Comment