Wednesday, July 14, 2010

More Tidbits

Tomorrow, I start a 40 day sugar fast with a friend. That means no sugar. No chocolate, no candy, no soda, so syrup, no jelly, nada. We are doing 10g of sugar allowed in foods like salad dressing and such. I'm planning to keep track of how my body feels different as time goes on. I desperately need to stop eating sugar. I'm addicted to it.

We have a domestic rabbit that has been hanging out in our yard for a week and a half. It's cute, but I feel bad that it is without a home.

It has been rainy and cloudy much of the summer now. On Sunday night, I was ecstatic to see the sun come out, so after I got off work, I drug C off to Subway for dinner and then we went for a beach stroll. Photoshoots are mandatory on beach trips.


On Tuesday, I went to check out the Kenai Landing and Old Town Kenai with some friends. We went to this Russian Church, and I was surprised to find a priest there who gave us a long talk about the history of the church. I was even more surprised that he encouraged us to take photos inside! I gladly did.

We got some coffee at a restaurant, then headed to Kenai Landing, which is basically the cannery. It was raining the whole time, and there was not a lot to see, so I was not too impressed!


On my way back home, I stopped for a bathroom break at my parent's house and caught my cats being goofy.

I have a couple of fall trips planned that I am getting excited for. I'd love to stay in Alaska for all of the fall, as it is so short, but I have a baby being born that I need to meet, and a friend's wedding to attend, and those are nonnegotiable.

That's all that's happening this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment