Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Approach of Fall

At the beginning of the year, I told myself that I would blog every day. I did really well, though rarely posting anything of substance, until this week. It occurred to me yesterday morning that I should check on the blog, but procrastinated until I finally checked just now. Um, wow, 4 days? Oops!
I was out wandering in the yard last week when I found this heart shaped yellow leaf. I grinned in delight at how pretty it was and stamped out the distress that fall is rapidly on its way.

I am admittedly concerned about how winter will treat us in our new house and new location. Our driveway is a bit treacherous. Will I be able to keep the temperature low enough without freezing or spending our savings on fuel oil? But at the same time, I adore fall now. So much photographic potential. I am excited to make snowmen in my yard. I have a porch with a railing that I can string garland and Christmas lights on if I want.

I am excited for the possibilities :)

No comments:

Post a Comment