Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Redoubt

Yet another clear day where I could get a wonderful shot of Mt. Redoubt, the volcano that erupted in spring 2009.

January Photo Times
One of my resolutions for this year was to track how much time I spend on photography. I started an excel spreadsheet and a notebook in my car to see how much time I spend. Yes, I could use RescueTime, but I feel like my system helps keep me on track a tiny bit better by forcing myself to track it on my own and pay attention!

  1. Shooting: 11 hours, and 92.9 miles. Went shooting 12 times. This does not count the time shooting at youth group, or around my yard. Only the times I spent getting in the car and driving somewhere.
  2. Picasa: 9.33 hours. I use Picasa to initially go through my RAW files and delete the bad ones, and then I do another sweep. I also use Picasa after I do Photoshop to quickly and easily straighten horizons. This category does overlap with Photoshop and Fireworks at times, so really it should be a tiny bit higher...
  3. Photoshop: 33.25 hours. I use Photoshop to edit all of my images.
  4. Fireworks: 2.5 hours. A graphics program that I use to resize and attach my logo with. There are many ways to do this, this is the one I choose to use. 
  5. Total editing time: 44.75 hours
    Total time: 55.75 hours
Shooting is amazing, but I really like getting into Photoshop to see the potential for the images there. My little graph also makes it apparent that shooting is hardly any amount of work compared to the editing process, which takes 3-4 times as long!

I plan to do one of these recaps at the beginning of every month. Hopefully it isn't too dull for you all. I plan to watch how the numbers change throughout the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment