Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Fairy Tale Matryoshka Doll

 I have never been really interested in Russian nesting dolls, but I found one at my work last year that I completely fell in love with. With my end of the summer bonus, I finally got it and fell even more in love with it. Isn't it beautiful? Here are some photos, along with my supposed interpretations.
 Back of Doll #1: I think the fish is the "Magic Pike" and the horse is the "Humpbacked Pony"
 Front of Doll #1: Not sure!
Side of Doll #1:
Front of Doll #2: Not sure!
Back of Doll #2: Firebird
Front of Doll #3: Not sure!
Back of Doll #3: Not sure!
Front of Doll #4 Not sure!
Back of Doll #4: The Frog Prince with the golden arrow
Front of Doll #5: Not sure!
Back of Doll #5: The snow maiden?

If you have any ideas on some of them, please let me know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment