Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Elections: BLEH

Went to the store on Monday and came home with 5 bags of chocolate for $20. It was a good haul :)

The election. Definitely made me cranky. After the crazy amount of junk mailings, and the phone calls leaving messages at home, even after the election was over sure drove me crazy.

I have to rant about my experience voting yesterday. When we first got married, our polling place was in one location. We voted there in the 2008 election and everything was fine. Last year sometime, I received word that our polling location had switched...less than a mile down the road. I wasn't sure how I felt about this election, but decided I would vote after much annoyance (wanting to boycott from the mailings and phone calls) but C decided against it (that's another story). On Monday, we got two postcards in the mail telling us where our polling place was. I saw the first location and became frustrated, but that is where I went yesterday.

I was not on the list. I told them where I lived, and sure enough I was supposed to go to location #2. I explained about the postcard, but whatever. They let me fill out a questionable ballot, and it took a bit longer, but I was on my way.

When I got home, I checked the postcards: The one addressed to C, at THIS address, was for location #1. Mine, at THIS address was for location #2. No. I refuse. I am not going to vote at 2 separate locations. That is stupid. I can only think the address they have C at is his former home, but then why are they sending the postcard here?!

Whatever. It's not a big deal, I just think it is incredibly stupid of them, or their database. I almost wish C had voted, because then I would have caused a scene when he had been let in no problem.

I started listening to Christmas music yesterday...and we just baked a pumpkin pie that we have had in the freezer for almost a year. I'm ready for the holiday season to start, apparently!



School is almost over. Hard to believe. I am doing so much better in the problem class this semester, and I am so grateful. I don't think I have really grasped the material that much better, or if I just understand the professor better this time around. I am so happy to be passing this time around, for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment